Tuesday 3 August 2010

New Start

My birthday has been and gone this weekend, which I spent sightseeing with the mrs in Rome, and it's put me in a reflective mood. I haven't posted anything on here for a while, mainly as I've been stressed as hell following 2 poor months (see results in next post). I've been putting a tonne of pressure on myself again, probably stemming from the fact I've been away every weekend in July and spent a fortune. I'm writing these expenses off, using some savings to cover them, and starting again. I'm still well rolled and have plenty of savings, and I think the fact I panicked at the start of last month - playing low limits to protect losses / build confidence - was a big mistake. I didn't earn enough rake and didn't win anywhere near enough to compensate it. Lesson learned I hope, and a more relaxed time frame for playing will be aimed for this month. Having said that, I do already have 2 weekends booked in for August with family and Uni reunion so new relaxed Ben may have to wait until next month!

Anyway, life is still good, and I just need to remember that a bit more often when I hit a rough patch at the tables.

1 comment:

  1. Dropping down limits when :-

    a) You dont have any BRM issues
    b) Your as lazy as you ref hrs played

    is beyond retarded - hope this helps !!!

    PS get a job when you still can - RIP easy money poker hello grind / cakeback monkeys

    ReplyDelete