Wednesday 15 July 2009

Luckbox Holmes


Oh yes, I'm a happy man tonight. At one stage I was over £200 down for the day but some 'inspired' play - along with a boat load of luck - means that I finished the day just under £500 in profit. A few set ups in my favour - for example KK vs QQ all in pre flop - and a couple of nut flush draws hitting and it's amazing how quick things can turn around.


I know one of the key principles of being pro is to take the wins and the losses in equal measure, i.e. not to get too happy when you win and not too disappointed when you lose, but I can't help but be pleased that I've made a good start. I know that if I had run bad this week and got myself in a deficit in my first week I would have been depressed as hell, so it's clearly something I still need to work on.


In the meantime I'll update my master finance spreadsheet and thank Budha (my poker god) for blessing me tonight - long may it continue :-)

2 comments:

  1. You and Brennan need to start paying me royalties for using my smiley face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love a good nutflush.

    ReplyDelete