Tuesday 4 August 2009

Not a great start to August..... early month jitters??




Just finished my first winning session of August, albeit a small one, to stop the rot of 3 losing sessions on the bounce. Obviously this is not great news, however it's not a complete disaster either as been playing at smaller stakes (NL50) as per my bankroll management guidelines after my first losing session so I'm not too many £'s down for the month (about £150 at the moment).


I am in 2 minds about whether to jump back up to NL100 tonight or stick at NL50 for a bit longer until my roll improves. Something about the way I'm playing just doesn't make me feel over confident, meaning that I don't want to risk more of my roll at NL100 than I could do by sticking to NL50. Glad it's only the 4th of the month as it gives me time to get my head right and attack the tables later, but it is disconcerting.


Really think I'm putting too much pressure on myself to make money early in the month. Easier said than done, but need to forget about profit targets and just start playing normal poker. Although last month was a good month overall, I started out that month feeling the same - feeling worried about game / pondering merits of quitting work for poker - so I am hoping it's just a phase I need to play through. Two or three more hours play tonight, hopefully with a healthy win, and I'm sure the confidence will come flooding back and good times will roll again :-)


1 comment:

  1. stop looking at a "few days" period.

    Just look at last 33 days instead - stupid to move up / down based on a few bad days at start of a month.

    ReplyDelete