Friday 23 October 2009

Blog Curse Returns- Never Publish Winning Sessions!!



I celebrated my wins too early.

I've been here before, most of the time while I was in Thailand, so I should have known what was going to happen. Cue loss of $350 of last night's $480 win :-(

I was actually up for the evening at midnight but decided to log back on for one last session, figuring I'll catch the drunks and tired fish. Turns out I was more tired than I expected and donated my chips around a few tables.

Looking through hands now, I don't think that there are that many terrible plays. I went with a read on one hand with QQ on JT4 board, 3betting all in on the flop when I would normally slow down / fold to a raise, but as I had notes that he slow plays trips I put him on a draw that was trying to outplay me (we have a lot of history). He had 44 so $100 dropped there. I then lost a flip with AK vs QQ for another $100 and then got oudrawn by QT on a T42 board in a 3bet pot, getting half stacks in on flop onlny for him to spike a Q for a third $100 beat in quick succession.
I played a couple of hands after that while on tilt for 20 BB then 30BB and never got the monster double up I needed to get my momentum going. C'est la vie.

I'm off to NFL tomorrow so unlikely now to get any hands in before Monday night at the earliest. This month was looking really promising profit wise, but back to grind fest next week now to try and hit my mental target of £1.5k. I'm running at £1k profit so far before rakeback so on track but would have loved to of had a monster month this month following the spendathon of Paris / U2 / Macau / Vegas.
Time to get pwning and run good next week - just one time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment