Thursday 31 December 2009

2009 Poker Review

I started the year as a NL50 casual (serious casual) player, and ended it as a NL100 professional grinder. I say grinder, but I admit it's more of NL100 semi professional! Next year I'll get my arse in gear and log some proper volume..... promise.....

Anyway, after learning loads more about 3 betting, double and triple barrelling, hand ranges etc I feel like I'm a million times a better player than I was this time last year. I've got tonnes still to learn, with my main focus area being playing the regulars post flop. I have a few standard moves, but know I'm getting outplayed in too many spots. I know by getting a bit more creative I'm in danger of spewing off a few buy ins, I think it will help me in the long run.

Less tables, more concentration, more hours - that's my motto.

Anyway - just to round up the year - here's my total poker profit for the year......
£19,686.69


I'm off to get lashed at a New Year's Eve party - hope everyone out there has a good one and a good start to 2010.

2 comments:

  1. well done HN i'm very proud of your poker triumphs i hope you have an awesome 2010! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice results mate, £19k MBFN etc etc

    I'll be delighted if I get anywhere near this year, especially as I'm learning PLO.

    GL in 2010

    ReplyDelete