Monday 19 January 2009

Zzzzzzzz

It's 1:45 a.m here and I've just finished a 4 hour poker session for a huge loss of $3 - less than a pre flop raise. Other than when you lose big, I guess these are the sessions that make people wonder why we play poker, but to be honest I found it a really tough but enjoyable experience. I'm building up the number of tables I'm playing on and still clearing bonus / hopefully getting rakeback so not completely wasted.

Brennan has pointed out a few times that I do get too emotional during online games, and that I need to get more detached from the hands and rationalise decisions - both made by me and others. This is good advice, and one that I will try and take on board, but sometimes when a wan### calls with sh~t and then f'in hits his one outer it does stil P me off! My rants are always the same..... 'I feel sick', 'WTF was that you R-Tard!!', 'Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay'........ and is usually followed by a slammed fist on the table. From now on I vow not to get so engrossed and act more professional. We shall see how this progresses.

I didn't make it to the beach today but I did hit the pool and took a day off (until the evening) to catch some rays. This has led to the inevitable burn following lack of multiple applications of sun cream (I'm nails - who needs to reapply?!?), but I think I managed to save myself from completely burning up and don't quite look like a lobster. Unlike Briggs, who looks like a hairy version of Dr Zoidberg from Futurama. Awesome. If you get a moment and haven't yet read Brenos' blog then take a look as he has pic's of our pool, and has created a video of our poolside exploits - gotta love the sunshine.

Anyways, time for some sleep....

1 comment: