Friday 13 March 2009

All too familiar

Just when I think I have myself on track for the month I fuck it up. Lost £600 yesterday in about 3 hours, and really only have myself to blame. I did have a couple of set ups (KK vs AA etc) and lost a race or two, but the main reason I lost the cash is that I tried to play when my head was not in the right frame of mind - specifically I was still mortally hungover 18 hours after I stopped drinking and therefore found concentrating on poker really difficult.

I've done this before, including many a Saturday / Sunday in Newcastle after being legless in the Toon the night before, but this time I really mean it when I say I'm never going to play poker at same buy in level / large number of tables etc when I can not concentrate. If I ever really feel like playing in this state then I will short stack with minimum buy in to counter the negative decisions I might make, or play a few cheap multis to keep me entertained without risking a large portion of my bankroll.

I have hopefully recovered now though so plan on putting in a long session tonight to try and rediscover the winning formula - with a lot of hours to be played in the next couple of days. I will keep the blog posted with results of course....

GL to all those playing this weekend - unless of course you play NL100 on Ladbrokes :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment